Have you ever looked at a painting, and wondered, how great it would be if that painting of that quality, which to you at that particular time is rare to come by, be hung above your fireplace, where it probably go well with your living room?
Well, I think that that is a reality that most people go through today. And probably, 50% of them would buy that painting, and bring it back to hang it over their fireplace without going through so much of a second thought.
Out of the 50% that buys the painting, I'm quite sure that about 20% of the lot will really appreciate the painting, and even searching for more of the painter's other artworks, while around 50% of the lot will leave it over their fireplace, without a whimscal about the painting, unless of cause, it was brought up as a topic of discussion amoungst social comparitraits. so that leaves us with 30% of the lot, or, 15% of those who bought the painting, will probably leave it untouched and most certainly, still packed in its original packaging.
Here's the question. What kind of a person are you? Do you buy the painting and leave it unopened? Or do you buy the painting and admire the painter's work? It really shows the kind of person you are.
Here's one more :
Mommy, your womb was a coffin;
I could not claw my way out.
My life, my love
sucked through a tube;
I was a smear in a bucket.
Mommy, you were barren,
Emptiness was your everything.
Soulless, heartless,
Your need, your greed were murderers;
They strangled happiness.
Mommy, Jesus loves me:
You suffer, you choke
On my smothered hope.
His wrath is upon you;
Your Hell is on Earth.
Mommy, you gaze up at the night;
I am a crescent moon
Loved, nourished in Heaven's womb.
A child laughs and you will cry;
Guilt is suffocating.
Mommy, enter the bathroom stall
555-Whore written on the wall.
Cut your wrists,
Watch your blood drip:
You are a smear in a bucket.
Mommy, Jesus loves me...
It is a poem on abortion for those who are partly dull in one side of the brain, and unable to operate the other.
Its been a long standing argument and debate amoungst politicians, civil rights movements and even religion leaders.
What is your stand? This is mine :
Abortion is definately NOT the only way out. Unless of course, if the mother, by giving birth may harm either the mother or the child with a possible death connection. Of course, that matter will be decided by the experts, the pedetritions on duty, whether the life of the mum or the life of the child or both is more important. So for the reason of this discussion, we shall ommit this playing field, because generally, we just aren't no experts in these field.
Abortions are happening large scale worldwide. www.abortionno.org states that on average, approximately 46 Million abortions are taking place yearly, which boils down to around 126,000 daily. 78% of them would have taken place in developing and third world countries, while 22% would be in developed countries.
The primary reason for abortion is that the mother has social obligations and reasons. What that means is basically, the child was an unwanted child. A study done by The Alan Guttmacher Institute shows that 93% of all abortions were done because the child was unwanted, or would have hindered the lives of his/her parents if he/she had been given the chance to live. Comparing that statistical figure to others, for example, 1% of the abortions were because of rape or incest, and 6% due to the potential health problems regarding either the mother or child.
Old habits die hard, which is precisly what happened to 47% of all abortions performed; they have had at least one previous abortion.
This is a distressing figure. But there's more.
According to the study, the women who have had abortions are group into these groups, protestants obtain 37.4% of all abortions in America, Catholic accounts for 31.3%, Jewish 1.3%, and women with no religious affliliations obtain 23.7% of all abortions. 18% of all abortions are performed on women who identified themselves as "Born-again/Evanglical". This is a very disturbing figure, especially when you realise that a good chunk of them, and the majority would have called themselves protestants, whom are taught that lives are precious, and lost souls to be saved. Very very disturbing.
On conclusion, abortion is not a ideal path to take. There are better routes to take, like sending the child for adoption if the mother is inconvined with the child, or unable to take good care of him/her. Remember that lives are precious, not just to us, or our loved ones, but also, to our Heavenly Father above, who makes all things.
Abortion is not the only way out.
okay... im too lazy to argue somemore... hence the shortened argument. =)
If you want me to wait, I will wait for you
If you tell me to stay, I would stay right thru
If you don't wanna say anything at all
I'm happy wondering
Go!
(Yeah, yeah)
Since I was a young man
I never was a fun man
I never had a plan and no security then
Ever since I met you
I never could forget you
I only wanna get you right here next to me
'Cause everybody (a-whoa-oh-oh) needs someone that they can trust
and...
You're somebody (a-whoa-oh-oh) that I found just in time
If you want me to wait, I will wait for you
If you tell me to stay, I would stay right thru
If you don't wanna say anything at all
I'm happy wondering
Now my life is changing
Tt's always rearranging
Always getting stranger than I thought it ever could
Ever since I found you, I wanna be around you
I wanna get down to the point that I need you
'Cause everybody (a-whoa-oh-oh) needs someone that they can trust
and...
You're somebody (a-whoa-oh-oh) that I found just in time
If you want me to wait, I will wait for you
If you tell me to stay, I would stay right thru
If you don't wanna say anything at all
I'm happy wondering
Go!
(Yeah, yeah)
(Yeah, yeah)
Don't tell me
The bad news
Don't tell me anything at all
Just tell me
That you need me
And stay right here with me
If you want me to wait, I will wait for you
If you tell me to stay, I would stay right thru
If you don't wanna say anything at all
I'm happy wondering
No comments:
Post a Comment